Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog performence to tape

2007-07-09 15:20:36
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog performence to tape
From: "Kevin Whittaker" <Kevin.Whittaker AT syniverse DOT com>
To: "Clooney, David" <david.clooney AT bankofamerica DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 15:03:57 -0400
I wish had an answer for you, but alas I have almost the same issue.

I am running Solaris 9, NB 5.1 MP6 with a catalog size of 40GB.  The catalog backup takes around 2.5 hours to backup.  I even turned up logging and found it spent all of it's time in the images directory.

I am even running SAN attached 9940B tape drives.

If I can not find an answer, I am considering using SRDF from EMC to duplicate the file system of the catalog images.  I just have to figure out how to pause backups long enough to break the SRDF connection and then restart them.  Then I can backup the duplicate that will be located in our DR site.

Anyway, does anybody have any idea how to speed up the backups of the catalog?