Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault and Duplication

2007-07-05 21:40:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault and Duplication
From: dy018 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 18:21:19 -0700
Hi all,

Anyone knows Vaulting very well?

Currently, we are planning to do the following

LAN clients backup via VTL. One full backup every end of each week.
After all successful full backup, i'll be using vaulting to do duplication
without eject to keep in the tape library as to cover restoration if VTL went
down.The duplication i'll be using a weekly_duplication volume pool as the
vault destination.

The following day, i intend to do vault again but this time using
weekly_offsite pool as its destination but when i trigger the vault policy, i
encouter status 190 (no images found). I did a vltrun <profile name> -preview
to check my vault profile, its able to find and locate the correct images that
was done yesterday but not sure why the actual run shows no images found
desipte the preview able to locate the images?

My guess was that NBU already recorded the image as vaulted and succeeded,
hence it do not allow me to vault the same image again, even tho its to a
different physical tape?

To confirm my offsite vault policy is correct, i did the reverse by running the
offsite policy first to check if the policy is running correctly. This time,
all the duplicate went thru with status 0 but the parent process ended with
status 306 (partial succeeded).

Anyone?