Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] questions regarding upgrade to 6.0

2007-07-03 12:49:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] questions regarding upgrade to 6.0
From: "Martin Ruslan" <mit.martin AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 23:27:37 +0700
Dear Guys,
2 questions regarding upgrade to NBU 6.0.

1) Someone has told me before, that if we want to upgrade a media server that contain Oracle database, then during the NBU upgrade progress, the Oracle instances and services need to be stopped. Which mean downtime on the database. The reason is because when we upgrade to 6.0, the NBU oracle agent is also being upgrade, so the oracle should be down.
I had a little doubt here, because as long as I know, the oracle agent on NBU was a different thing from the Oracle database, I mean separated, and only communicate each other when there was a hot backup on that Oracle database.
Please verify bout this things.. Because I'm not sure I can shutdown the oracle during the upgrade progress.. :(
Eventough I know that's ok if we still run the media server on 5.x, meanwhile the master was running on 6.0.

2) Did PBX (on ICS package) need to be installed on media server also? A little bit confusion here, as far as I read the manual, it's not telling us to install to the media server, but also don't tell us not to install to media server.. :LOL:

Ok guys, hope to hear from you soon.

--
Best Regards,
mTz