Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] getservbyname failed during offline catalog backup

2007-06-29 16:26:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] getservbyname failed during offline catalog backup
From: Ray S <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:29:17 -0700
I'm getting this error about 3 seconds after attempting to start an offline
catalog backup.  I can't find anything in any of the logs that is helpful,
mostly because no processes are even started so no logs are generated.  It has
worked in the past but for whatever reason is not now.  Needless to say it's
quite worrisome.

Things I've already tried:
Restart NetBackup
Reboot the server
Changed the schedule options under the catalog configuration menu of the Admin
GUI.
Renamed the sync file and started with a new one, same error.

Running NetBackup Enterprise Server 6.0 MP4 on Solaris 10, and the catalog is
kept on a volume mounted from NAS.  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks,

Ray S