Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Problem with volumepool !!

2007-06-24 14:06:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Problem with volumepool !!
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 13:47:49 -0400
> > o  the tape was manually assigned to WEEKLY_CDL and, when Changed to
> > another pool and used, reverts to WEEKLY_CDL when expired
>
> I thought if a tape was manually changed to another pool it
> would remain
> there on expiration (that only automatic changes revert on
> expiration).

Now I can't remember the sequence that produces it, but I agree that it
will remain in the pool you put it into.  I used this all the time when
I had little robots where I'd need to have X tapes available in a given
pool for big overnight/weekend backups to that pool.

I'll have to dig through old notes to see how what I described happened.
Maybe my memory is failing and it was as simple as the expired tape
reverting to PREVIOUS_POOL because PREVIOUS_POOL was the designated
scratch pool, and it had been assigned to MY_BACKUPS_POOL and expired
back to P_P... but I thought it was more unusual than that.  I'll check
my Wayback Machine, but for now, I withdraw the bullet cited since I
can't think of any other way for a tape's previous pool to be other than
the designated scratch.

Good catch; thanks for the correction.