Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 3rd Party Support

2007-06-22 12:48:58
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 3rd Party Support
From: Wayne T Smith <wts AT maine DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:32:19 -0400
I'm never satisfied with 3rd party support and almost never with direct!

For various reasons, we have Sun support of NBU, but expect to change
that.  When I have a problem, I want to get to the people that will find
or write the fix asap. 3rd party almost cannot do that.  Also, from time
to time, one couldn't get various Veritas information without a
maintenance contract.  I don't recall the specifics nor do I know if
this persists with Symantec.

One could ask a similar question about VARs, and in this case there is
at least a chance of there being "value added", especially if the VAR is
good with NetBackup and, say, NetApp if you are considering NetApp
integration.

cheers, wayne