Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5 (was: Any takers yet?)

2007-06-21 20:13:43
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5 (was: Any takers yet?)
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 18:53:14 -0500
> I'm thinking along those lines except I'm hoping there is a 6.0 MP5
> coming up here pretty soon.

We're heard that MP5 is targeted for July 20 but I don't know how accurate
that is or if the date will slip.  Sometimes a severity 1 issue will pop up
late in the game and somebody will decide that it has to be fixed before the
next MP comes out.  We're working a severity 1 issue right now (related to
DSSU destaging of large FlashBackups) and they haven't been able to confirm
if the bug is fixed in MP5 or not.  It's possible that it's fixed in MP5 or
Veritas may leave it broken in MP5 and fix it in MP6 but give us engineering
binaries - we don't have enough details yet.

   .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org