Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5 (was: Any takers yet?)

2007-06-20 19:44:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5 (was: Any takers yet?)
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "'King, Cheryl'" <cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:29:00 -0500
> We're on Solaris v5.1 MP5.  Will we need to upgrade to 6.0 before going
> to 6.5?  Anyone know?

You probably want to even if you don't need to.  The major changes were in
6.0 and you have to experience the pain anyway - there's no way around that.
If your environment isn't ready for the 6.0 upgrade, it won't be ready for
6.5 either.  Make sure you follow all of the 6.0 upgrade prep steps first.
Then I'd probably recommend an upgrade to 6.0 even if it's just a "passing
through" upgrade until you install 6.5.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA