Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Identify drives in use

2007-06-19 14:15:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Identify drives in use
From: "Marianu, Jonathan" <JM7640 AT att DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:57:34 -0700
Here is a possible answer to your problem.
I have a script that combines these commands into a more condense
version but here I broke it into several logical commands to make it
easier to understand.

This command provides a list of the TLD robots defined on the control
host
tpconfig -d | sed s/,// | awk '/robotic path/{print $5}'

Once you have the path to the L700 run this command
echo "s d" | tldtest -r /dev/PATH_TO_L700 > /tmp/foo

Redirect that output to a file and filter out the non relevant
information then redirect that to a file.
cat /tmp/foo | egrep "^drive|^Source address|^Barcode" | sed s/\)//g >
/tmp/foo2

Run the following awk command against the output and it will list all
drives in use, the MEDIAID and the original SLOT# so that ops will know
not to put a tape in that slot.
awk '/yes/{DRIVE=$2; getline; SLOT=$6; getline; MEDIAID=$3; print DRIVE,
MEDIAID, SLOT}' /tmp/foo2

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Jonathan Marianu (mah ree ah' nu)
Storage Planning and Design Architect