Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] BPCLNTCMD -HN truncates IP address

2007-06-18 13:15:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] BPCLNTCMD -HN truncates IP address
From: "Major, Rusty" <RMajor AT vericenter DOT com>
To: "Weber, Philip" <Philip.Weber AT egg DOT com>, "ENAJ (Ena Jensen)" <enaj AT nnit DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:48:57 -0500
Just got this from support:

"We recently identified a defect in the 5.1 MP6 version of bpclntcmd.
When an IP address is greater than 13 characters, the IP address will be
truncated to 13 characters in length. Note that the number of characters
is including the "dots" or separators between the octets.

This issue will be addressed in a future release.

While this has caused us a great deal of confusion when attempting to
troubleshoot suspected name-resolution issues, it does not appear to
have any affect on the ability to back up or restore."

So, it appears that it's just a cosmetic issue and does not effect the
backups/restores/functionality within NetBackup. In my case, the two
servers I was having problems with have been backing up successfully. I
now believe it may have just been coincidence or some other network
issue that was causing these servers to have backup problems, and
suspect this to be the same issue with others who may be having
problems.

-Rusty