Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BPCLNTCMD -HN truncates IP address

2007-06-13 18:29:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BPCLNTCMD -HN truncates IP address
From: "Major, Rusty" <RMajor AT vericenter DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:14:30 -0500
Has anyone ever seen BPCLNTCMD -HN truncate the IP address?

For instance, the IP in the hosts file is 10.10.10.100 and BPCLNTCMD looks like this:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin> ./bpclntcmd -hn hostname
host hostname: hostname at 10.10.10.10 (0xabcde0)
checkhname: aliases:

I have at least two boxes that this is happening on, first one is above, the other is .200 and comes out as .20 in bpclntcmd, and of course they are failing with a 54. The only correlation I can draw between these two is that they were new additions to the existing hosts file. Other hosts entries are fine and backups are successful.

This is a new Solaris 10 media server that is barely in production and nsswitch.conf lists files first. NBU 5.1MP6. A quick internet search turned up nothing. Any ideas?

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP
Sr. Data Assurance Engineer
(281) 584-4693
VeriCenter, Inc.