Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Stream Performance

2007-06-11 14:42:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Stream Performance
From: Marcos DeLima <marcus_lebisk AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:21:52 +0000

Hi all,

I think some you faced that problem before. When we start a NBU job it negotiates the data stream speed. Depending on the server load that negotiation could result in a low profile connection. When the server load decrease we use to SUSPEND the backup job and RESUME so Netbackup will renegotiate the data stream again, as a result we get a data stream ten times faster than the first one.

My question is if there is a way to make Netbackup speed up the streams by itself. Any of you guys has any ideas?

Marcos DeLima
Netbackup Support 2nd tier engineer
Phone +55 11 85632409
email: marcos.delima AT hotmail DOT com