Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Copying images to another master server

2007-06-10 06:15:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Copying images to another master server
From: bobbyrjw <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 03:58:50 -0700
The info doc is 266673, but I don't see it on the Veritas web site any more.

Here are the main points.

This procedure will follow the Veritas recommended practice of moving data
files (on tape) between master servers (Veritas Document 266673, attached).

1.      All tapes being moved must have unique barcodes.

2.      All client names must be unique.

3.      None of the tapes being moved will be used for backups at the new
location.
a.      Offsite tapes will be used at the alternate location.  They will be
write protected and returned to the Offsite location after the situation is
resolved.

4.      There exists a library at the new location to support the correct tape
format.

5.      Both masters must be running the same release of NetBackup.

6.      Both master servers must be of similar architecture (both UNIX or both
Windows).