Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Offsite tapes

2007-06-07 17:21:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Offsite tapes
From: "Preston, Douglas L" <dpreston AT landam DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 16:58:35 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of Darren
Dunham
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 1:10 PM
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

> using NBU 6.0 (master and media servers are Solaris). There are about
> 8 machines whose backups I want to duplicate. Some backup go directly
> to tape and some are staged to disk. I use automatic staging. When I
> run a script to use bpduplicate I notice I sometimes get errors like
this:
> =20
> nbdup.log:11:06:54 INF - Skipping backup id amamed_1181109602, it
> already has 2 copies.
> =20
> I assume that has to do with whether or not my script runs after the
> backup has already been staged to tape. What I need to know is how
> best to deal with that and get a copy whether or not a backup has been

> migrated to tape or not.

Since this is 6.0, and it sounds like you might have 3 copies
legitimately (disk, tape, duplicate tape), then up your max copies to 3.
(Host Properies->Master Server->Properties->Global Attributes)

I keep my max copies set to 1 number higher than is required incase I
ever have to create an additional copy of a tape for coporate.  Never
know when they will want something.