Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Identify drives in use

2007-06-06 14:59:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Identify drives in use
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 10:24:32 +0100
Netbackup 5.0MP7 Solaris9

Anyone know how to identify from command line what drives are in use, or
what tapes are in use while a job is running.

We have an issue where ops keep opening the jukebox and changing tapes
while jobs are running. The job is fine as the L700 library just
suspends writes but the problem is they fill slots up which are
destination slots of tapes in use. Once the tapes have finished and a
new tape is required to continue the job the old tape cannot be put back
into its slot as it has some tape in it.

I therefore sometimes need to manually move the tapes to another slot
using robtest. Issue is a lot of the time the backup job is still
running and i dont want to unload the tapes in use so i need to identify
them.

I have been using iostat -xnd 2 10 |grep rmt and seeing which are
written to and then double checking with the gui the tape ids, but i'd
like a nice netbackup command to just say tapes being written to at that
moment in time.

Cheers