Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] REQUIRED_INTERFACE Problem?

2007-06-06 14:59:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] REQUIRED_INTERFACE Problem?
From: "Weber, Philip" <Philip.Weber AT egg DOT com>
To: "rcarlisle" <rcarlisle AT serverwarecorp DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:37:40 +0100
We're using client-bk as the client name.  In our environment we have multiple
firewall-segregated subnets, none of which are particularly different
address-wise (i.e. not 10.x vs 192.x) but rather 10.x.y.z vs 10.x.z.z).  So the
master/media (although multi-homed to allow backup of some subnets without
going through a firewall) talks to the this client over its (the media
server's) public IP.

Looks like Solaris is handling the routing back so although the request comes
in to the client on the backup interface, Solaris routes it back over the most
appropriate interface according to the routing table, which in this instance is
the public interface.

cheers, Phil