Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Help! Lost access to administrative commands.

2007-06-02 21:30:44
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Help! Lost access to administrative commands.
From: "rob worman" <rob AT worman DOT org>
To: "Christopher Trown" <ctrown AT uoregon DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 20:09:48 -0500

<snip>

Your excellent sig has inspired me.  :-)

I'm guessing you were setting up the NetBackup Access Control ("NBAC") stuff?
and/or the Authorization options?
or perhaps vopied?  (that last one is rarer than hen's teeth, so I'm
guessing not...)

Just off the cuff, I think you'll be "back to normal" if you just do
the following:

  1. log in to your master server as root
  2. stop the NetBackup daemons with "netbackup stop" or "bp.kill_all"
  3. cd /usr/openv/var/authorize.txt; mv authorize.txt bad-authorize.txt
  4. vi /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf and change any USE_VXSS values to
"PROHIBITED"
  (and my hunch is that you could probably get away with just doing #4...)

Assuming you can now access NBU again, you can take your time figuring
out what went wrong! ;-)

Here's good reference for the rather-delicate configuration of
NetBackup Access Control:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/281626

HTH
rob