Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6 upgrade - special policy types

2007-05-31 05:39:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6 upgrade - special policy types
From: <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
To: Abhishek.Dhingra AT mindspeed DOT com, "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 12:17:46 +0300
Upgrade your master server and media servers to 5.x. Put the latest 5.x patch.
Work your installation to see if there is any problem. My opinion is to stay
there.
If you want to upgrade, open a case to veritas to check your database. When
finish upgrade your master server to 6.0MP4. Then your media servers. Finally
upgrade your clients and agents directly from 4.5 to 6.0MP4.

Read carefully the installation manual, and the technote
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/285590.htm
Also take a look to http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/285223.htm

Finally have the veritas tech phones near to you when upgrading:
http://support.veritas.com/phonesup/phonesup_ddProduct_.htm