Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSU writing to Quantum StorNext SNFS filesystem, Solaris

2007-05-30 11:29:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSU writing to Quantum StorNext SNFS filesystem, Solaris
From: RKastner <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:07:01 -0700
Hello,

My setup: SUN V445, Solaris10, NBU Master6.0MP4 only DSU's;  StorNext3.0
installed on the same  server.
The DSU  writes the  NBU  images  to the  StorNext SNFS filesystem  (1TB). At
the last image we allways get  Error14 (Disk write error). If the same DSU
writes to an usf filesystem, everything works OK. If the Catalog backup writes
via DSU to the snfs, this works. We have tested with a lot of different
fragment sizes, allways the same error 14. I guess this error is somehow
related to the cvfs Filesystem and the special VERITAS version of tar.

Any idea to this problem ?

Thanks in advance
Roland