Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re-directed restores using the SQL agent

2007-05-25 17:26:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re-directed restores using the SQL agent
From: "Leidy, Jason D" <Leidy.Jason AT con-way DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 13:47:57 -0700

We have several servers that use the Netbackup SQL agent to backup SQL databases directly to tape. I can use the Netbackup MS SQL client on my SQL boxes to restore databases back to the same box. However, I've not had success re-directing the restores to another SQL box……..is this possible? Perhaps I am not inputting the correct parameters\information in the move script that gets created.

5.1 MP6 is my version

Jason Leidy
Windows Server Group
Con-way Enterprise Services