Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SQL Agent batch size

2007-05-21 20:01:27
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SQL Agent batch size
From: "Adams, Dwayne" <AdamsDC AT medsch.ucsf DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:47:47 -0700

Hello,

I am setting up Hot MS SQL backups and testing performance.  I would like to know what batch size others are using in their environment to get optimal performance from LTO3 drives.  I am running Netbackup 6.0 MP4 on Windows 2003 64-bit.  The MS SQL server is also a SAN media server.  I am backing up 50 or so small databases.  I would like to design a configuration that scales appropriately as the databases grow and additional databases are added.

Thanks in advance.

Dwayne Adams