Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 5.1 Oct 2007 End of Support

2007-05-16 17:08:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 5.1 Oct 2007 End of Support
From: ssesar at mitre.org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 17:08:41 -0400
There's no way that 10/2007 makes sense for EOL of 5.1. Assuming, and
this is a big assumption, given Veritas'/Symantec's history regarding
making their release dates with NBU, that 6.5 is released by then, given
the initial problems with upgrading from 5.x -> 6.x, they're not going
to pull the rug out of 5.1 just yet. If I'm wrong, that's going to be
pretty sad.

Jeff Lightner wrote:
> And you know this through divination maybe?

===================================

   Steven L. Sesar
   Lead Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
   UNIX Application Services R101
   The MITRE Corporation
   202 Burlington Road - MS K101
   Bedford, MA 01730