Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.x catalog format compatible between Linux and Solaris?

2007-05-16 10:03:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.x catalog format compatible between Linux and Solaris?
From: unixlifebox at gmail.com (Rongsheng Fang)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:03:02 -0400
Hi,

Is the catalog format compatible between Linux and Solaris if both are
running the same version of NetBackup Enterprise Server 5.x? I asked
this question on this list before and got a couple of positive replies
that said it was. Then I logged a case with Symantec support last week
and asked about the Linux to Solaris migration. Here is what I got back
from them:

"NetBackup catalog and database format is not compatible between Linux
and Solaris even if both are running the same version of NetBackup 5.x."

Would somebody from Symantec or anybody who has done the migration from
Linux to Solaris (or any other Unix platforms) kindly chime in and share
your experience on this?

Thanks,

Rongsheng