Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vaulting Question

2007-05-14 17:05:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting Question
From: Richard.Mansell at ccc.govt.nz (Mansell, Richard)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 09:05:06 +1200
If you back up the data using separate policies then each policy can
have a different retention level (0-24). These can all have a one month
retention period within DataDomain but will also have different
retention levels.

You can then use the retention mappings within the vault to have a
different retention period for each level. That way you only need to
have one vault process.

Regards

Richard