Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vaulting Question

2007-05-14 14:32:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting Question
From: jamisonj at zgi.com (JAJA (Jamie Jamison))
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 11:32:22 -0700
I'm currently backing all of my systems up to DataDomain restorers with
a one month retention period for the copy on the restorer and then
duplicating from the restorer, using NetBackup Vault, to tape with a six
month retention and sending the tapes offsite to Iron Mountain. Recently
we decided to change the retention level for certain data from six
months to two months and I am trying to figure out how to make this work
with vaulting. If I create multiple profiles within one vault, one with
a six month retention and another with a two month retention I run into
the problem of scheduling, I can't run more than one profile at a time.
I could create a new vault, but then I'm wondering how the eject and
catalog backup steps work. I only want to eject tapes once a week and
run one catalog backup for off-siting. Any help that anyone can provide
on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamie Jamison