Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange Mailbox Backup

2007-05-10 17:50:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange Mailbox Backup
From: cpreston at glasshouse.com (Curtis Preston)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 17:50:31 -0400
What kind of multistreaming/multiplexing are you using, and what is your
target?  I've gotten mailbox backup performance up to an "acceptable"
level (4 years ago I was at about 50 MB/s) by creating 28 simultaneous
mailbox streams, one for each letter of the alphabet (used * at the A-Z
level) and sending all of those to the same tape drive.  I'll bet I
could get faster than that now.

---

W. Curtis Preston

Author of O'Reilly's Backup & Recovery and Using SANs and NAS

VP Data Protection

GlassHouse Technologies