Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how to enable bpcd port on Windows 2000 server

2007-05-10 10:52:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how to enable bpcd port on Windows 2000 server
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:52:28 -0500
* nguytom <netbackup-forum at backupcentral.com> [2007-05-09 14:01]:

> Hi All
>
> I couldn't telnet to windows 2000 client with bpcd port
>
> [jgavin at dcunx31:/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bptm]>telnet crdcasbcptest06 bpcd
> Trying 162.123.108.62...
> Connected to crdcasbcptest06.us.aegon.com.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> I checked in service tab, netbackup services client is running, I
> stop/restart it again but I couldn't telnet to this window client by bpcd port

You can verify that your system is actually listening on the port with:

netstat -an

and look for LOCALIP:13782 in a LISTENING state

You ARE connecting to it, (as evidenced by the "Connected to" statement
in your output).  The connection is just not STAYING open.  Make
sure you have forward and reverse lookups on the client for the backup
server you are connecting from.  Also, what is your network
configuration?  Do you have multiple NICs on the client?  Are there any
firewals in between? Make sure your routing is set up correctly, too.

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com