Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbkar process does not terminate on RedHat Linuxclients

2007-05-10 07:56:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbkar process does not terminate on RedHat Linuxclients
From: jlightner at water.com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 07:56:03 -0400
The only time I've seen backup processes hang on RedHat (or Fedora Core)
was due to some sort of file locking issue that I cleared with a
firmware update to the Dell PERC card.   However in those cases kill
(-15, -1, -9) wouldn't work either.   If it is working for you it seems
something else is going on.

The only other issues I've seen are that if the client initiated rman
backup fails it will stop the process on the client side but the job in
the activity monitor will show "queued" until the next time we bounce
the daemons on the master.