Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tuning Solaris 10 for NetBackup Media Server

2007-05-10 00:37:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tuning Solaris 10 for NetBackup Media Server
From: alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au (Wilkinson, Alex)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:37:40 +0800
    0n Wed, May 09, 2007 at 07:34:03AM -0700, sauderd wrote:

    >I spoke with the network guys in our shop and I got the following:
    >1. the IOS version is: 12.2, rev. 18 sfx 7 native
    >2. there is no minumum HW version
    >3. the hardware we're using is a Catalyst WS-X6748-GE-TX
    >4. they configured the ports as LCP in active mode
    >
    >Being a Unix guys, I haven't the foggiest idea what that means.
    >But that's the best I can relate their info.

This is all good. Since LACP is set up on the switch ports you now just have to
create an EtherChannel via dlam(1m). That will give you link aggregaion on your
T2000.

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT
1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.