Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP performance tuning on LTO 3 drives

2007-05-08 16:31:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP performance tuning on LTO 3 drives
From: AdamsDC at medsch.ucsf.edu (Adams, Dwayne)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 13:31:16 -0700
Courtney,

How many spindles do you have behind the volume you are backing up at
90+ MB/Sec? I seem to only get 37 - 48 MB/Sec.  I made the joke to the
Symantec support guys that I got almost that speed using LTO2 with 3 way
remote. =) I am a little disappointed.  The filer company says that I
should be happy with about 50MB/Sec.  What a waste of LTO3 technology!!!
I have tried modifying the block size without success.  The filer
immediately kicks back IO errors even if I match the local block size
with SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS_NDMP.

Dwayne Adams