Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] host name changes

2007-05-07 12:17:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] host name changes
From: shashi-kanth.boddula at hp.com (Shashi Kanth Boddula)
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 21:47:23 +0530
Hi,

Initially i installed NetBackup 6 in Linux which act as a both master
and media server, at that time i have a static IP that resolves to a
particular host name, now my problem is, that particular IP got a new
name in my DNS records, and my Linux OS is configured with new host
name. In this kind of situation, is it possible for me to replace old
name with new name in NetBackup database ? . If yes, from where i need
to start ? . Or, this kind of task is not at all supported by NetBackup ?

Thank you.

-- Shashi