Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.0 and cluster (Veritas Cluster Server)

2007-04-27 15:27:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.0 and cluster (Veritas Cluster Server)
From: unixlifebox at gmail.com (Rongsheng Fang)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:27:44 -0400
Say we have a VCS 5.0 cluster with two nodes A and B. We want to install
NetBackup 6.0 on both nodes and have them configured with VCS. We'd like
to made node A media server mediaA (VIP) and node B mediaB (VIP) and
each is responsible for different sets of storage units and clients. Is
it possible to set the cluster up so that media server mediaB can
failover to node A where media server mediaB is running and wise versa?
Does NetBackup support this kind of setup?

Does this fall into the category mentinoed in NetBackup High
Availability System Administrator's Guide: "NetBackup is not supported
as an active/active application in a cluster"?

Thanks,

Rongsheng