Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP and SSO in NetBackup 6.0

2007-04-26 13:56:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP and SSO in NetBackup 6.0
From: mike_heck at symantec.com (Mike Heck)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:56:22 -0500
Rongsheng,

NDPM and SSO works very similar to normal SSO with NetBackup.

What I would do is configure the Windows and UNIX hosts to share the
drives first, then configure access to the NDMP Host (Celerra NAS), then
finally modify the drives to include the NDMP path to the drives.

You can then set up an NDMP storage Unit, and start backing up.

However I feel the need to advise you that not all versions of all
filers are compatible with SSO, this is mainly due the way reserve and
release are handled in some versions of some manufacturers Filer OS.
Please check the support.veritas.com web site, compatibility list for
NDMP to verify that your Filers OS is compatible.

Thank you,
Mike Heck