Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape retention query

2007-04-24 08:16:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape retention query
From: WBedour at lear.com (BeDour, Wayne)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:16:22 -0400
Our environment is HP-UX 11.11, Netbackup 5.1 MP3 backing up mostly HP
unix with some Sun and Windows backups.

Here is my problem.  We are not running vault.  Our procedure whether
good or bad is, we eject tapes and send them offsite after they are full
or have financial data on them.  What I found after doing restores from
yearly backup tapes for 2004 and 2005 was that one of the tapes was
needed for both restores.  This tells me that the one tape needed for
both restores probably stayed in the library for the entire year and was
never sent offsite.

I want to check to see if any other tapes fall into this category.  Is
there any quick and dirty way to check and list the highest retention on
a tape?

Thanks in advance.

Wayne BeDour

IT Unix System Administrator

PH: 313-240-3374  FAX: 313-240-3065

Internet:  wbedour at lear.com

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.