Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] allowing user restores

2007-04-23 10:19:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] allowing user restores
From: chris at fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk (Chris Freemantle)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:19:21 +0100
Normally we initiated restores from from the server, so allowing
users to restore data is not normally done. However, now that I do
want to do it, I can't.

I've enabled free browsing and client restore as global client
attributes, as well as specifically allowing client browse, restore
and free browse for the the particular client. I have tried giving
'everyone' full control of the  ..\VERITAS\NetBackup\logs directory
on both the client and. the server (just in case).

Still I get the message "It has been determined that you do not have
the necessary permissions to restore from FULL or INCREMENTAL backups"

Any ideas what I've missed?

TIA
--
---

REMEMBER- There is only one certainty about storage systems - they
*will* fail !
This includes backup and archiving systems.
If you want to be paranoid, make your own backups as well.

For FIL computer support issues, please email

   support at fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk

rather than individual team members

Chris Freemantle
Data Manager