Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape counter missing

2007-04-23 09:08:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape counter missing
From: chris at fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk (Chris Freemantle)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:08:07 +0100
I have no performance meter tape counters or NBConsole 'Drive Use
History'. I think I've satisfied all the requirements. Suggestions
anyone?

I've recently installed the Veritas drivers, having been using HP
drivers. I've ticked 'enable performance data collection', I do have
permission to read the registry and I've looked when jobs are
actively transferring data.

I'm running NBU 5.1 MP6 under Windows server 2003 service pack 2,
connected to an HP LTO-3 drive in an Overland Neo 4000 library. The
master server is the media server. The tape driver is the Symantec
driver dated 12.1.07 version 5.0.25.0 in file
.../system32/DRIVERS/halfinch.sys

TIA
--
---

REMEMBER- There is only one certainty about storage systems - they
*will* fail !
This includes backup and archiving systems.
If you want to be paranoid, make your own backups as well.

For FIL computer support issues, please email

   support at fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk

rather than individual team members

Chris Freemantle
Data Manager