Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL Backup

2007-04-22 04:57:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL Backup
From: anas at up.org.qa (Anas Kayal)
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 11:57:06 +0300
Greetings All,

I just started backing up SQL Server 2005 using Netbackup SQL Agent. I
created a separate SQL policy for the machine with Application and
Automatic Backups within it. I then went to the machine I ran the
Netbackup SQL Agent and specified the correct connection properties and
then specified which DB's to backup.

The backup went find and a separate process went on for each specified
DB. Once finished. I removed the DB's from my test server and went back
to the original machine and through the SQL Agent I performed a restore
for one of the specified DB. Netbackup restored it successfully.

When I went to the SQL Server I can see the DB but it states that its
"Restoring". Its been restoring for the past 3 hours and it's a very
minimal DB.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is this the correct procedure for
backup and restore?

Best regards,

Anas