Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.1 and Maintainance Pack 6

2007-04-12 14:01:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.1 and Maintainance Pack 6
From: neil at mbari.org (Conner, Neil)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:01:44 -0700
This condition is produced when Netbackup attempts to backup the catalog
indexes but can't because the Catalog index service is disabled.

But rather than enable the Catalog Index service on all our Windows clients as
the technote article recommends, we were able to solve the problem by deleting
the default catalogs instead.  The indexing service is still disabled but now
there's nothing to backup so Netbackup is happy.

Here are some articles that detail how to delete the default catalogs:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317586

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Working-With-Windows-Server-2003-Indexing-Service.html

-Neil