Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup administration console

2007-04-12 11:28:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup administration console
From: ckstehman at pepco.com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:28:19 -0400
What we have done here is to assign a fixed IP address to any workstations
that need to run NBConsole.
Then assign a host name and make sure that DNS has forward and reverse
look up, for the host name
 Then add the workstation/"server" DNS name to the master server
additional servers list on the master
server, see below.

In my case my XP workstation is named cksunix, and you can see that it is
listed.  Your XP login needs
to have admin priveleges in order for you to see all the information. when
you launch the Netbackup Admin Console
The other servers are the media servers and one other workstation that is
authorized to login.

Hope this helps

=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Distributed Services Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman at pepco.com

"Hindle, Greg" <Greg.Hindle at constellation.com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
04/12/2007 11:03 AM

"NB List Mail" <veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Netbackup administration console

nb 5.0 mp7, Solaris 9

We primary use the netbackup java interface to monitor our master servers.
The other day a member of the backup team installed the netbackup
administration console on the Windows XP pro workstation. However, when he
clicks on the activity monitor you get no display, it will say not
connected, check if services are up. But he can see device manager, drive
and host info. It seems that it is not connecting to the master for some
of the info it needs to display. But then other displays work fine. Has
anyone else run into this problem?

Greg
>>> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain legal,
professional or other privileged information, and are intended solely for
the
addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not use the
information
in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify the sender.
CEG-IP2
Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is
proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright
belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI").  This Email is
intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed.  If
you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies.  PHI
policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive
statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email
communication.  PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such
communications.