Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tape duplication with NB 6.0

2007-04-05 18:46:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tape duplication with NB 6.0
From: tony_hern8888 at yahoo.com (tony hernedez)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 15:46:57 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I am trying to explore the tape duplication option for NetBackup.

I have a problem where when a job spans multiple tapes (example 3 tapes), and
when it is duplicated to a backend device.  Tape 1 and Tape 3 will duplicate
ok, but tape 2 fails.

The only way to remediate is to make a duplicate copy of tape 2 via NetBackup,
and then initiated the back-end duplication again...

will this work?  How would NetBackup update the catalog with the new barcode of
tape 2?

It's here! Your new message!