Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vmoprcmd fails with "Invalid host name" intermittently NBU 6.0 MP4

2007-04-04 01:09:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vmoprcmd fails with "Invalid host name" intermittently NBU 6.0 MP4
From: Glen.Vassileff at Sun.COM (Glen Vassileff)
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 15:09:12 +1000
We are running NBU 6.0 MP4 and it is pretty unstable. Intermittently we
are getting vmoprcmd failures with "Invalid host name" message, once
catalog backup hang and probably blocked access to the database
(nbemmcmd failed with " database server is down (23)" status).
Occasionally NBU recovers on its own, sometimes it requires a restart.

It does not happen too often, but nevertheless.

The configuration is very simple - single Master / Media server with
direct attached library.

Has anyone come across similar issues.

Regards,

Glen