Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Does anyone cluster their environment?

2007-04-03 12:21:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Does anyone cluster their environment?
From: Greg.Hindle at constellation.com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:21:09 -0400
Solaris 9, nb 5.0 mp7

Ok here is my setup and what we want to do.  We have 1 master and 6
media servers. 3 media servers are site1 and 3 at site2 with 1 master
controlling both sites (their is a 4gig pipe connecting the 2 sites) .
At each site we have 2 Storagetek L700 libraries and a EMC CDL 740 split
into side a and b.  We want to move the robotic control to the master
for the L700's and the CDL and then have each media server see all the
libraries at their site. We want the master to load balance work
automatically between the media servers so not one media server is
overloaded while another is idle.  This will allow us to loose a media
server without loosing robotic control over a device.

Does anyone have a setup like this where they are clustering servers
together? What software needs to be in place to do this? Thoughts? good
or bad?.

Greg
>>> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain legal,
professional or other privileged information, and are intended solely for the
addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not use the information
in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify the sender. CEG-IP2