Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows 2003: Faulting application bpbkar32.exe

2007-03-28 14:17:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2003: Faulting application bpbkar32.exe
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:17:39 -0400 (EDT)
When trying to backup the registry, and ONLY the registry, I get this:

Faulting application bpbkar32.exe, version 5.1.0.164, faulting module
vssapi.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x00020030.

1. Master Server & Media Server: All 6.0MP4.
2. Client is 5.1MP4.
3. Yes, I have added the client and turned off all snapshotting
technology.
4. However, I believe it is still used for the registry backup.

The backups for all of the hard drives/arrays, not a single failure.  This
ONLY occurs with the registry.

I do not though this is Windows 2003 R2 on the x86_64 platform.  I believe
the client installed was the regular 32bit client; but x86_64 should be
backwards compatible with 32bit, yes?  At least for simple things, I am
not sure if the registry requires the 64bit MP4 patch?  Has anyone dealt
with anything like this before?  There is just this one pesky server that
this is happening on, all of the server servers use, ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and
backup the registry with no issues.

Justin.