Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup behavior

2007-03-27 10:55:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup behavior
From: i_will_beat_kamona at hotmail.com (No Name)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:55:23 +0200
Hi All,
I am new with the Netbackup and used to work on Legato.

I have a couple of issues that I am looking forward to confirm with
Netbackup experts.

First:

When the Netbackup is running out of tapes during a backup job, I insert new
tapes in my library then I do an inventory using the update volume
configuration option.

At this time, I expect the backup jobs to resume automatically, but actually
it didn?t resume till I did a ? resubmit request ? from the device
monitoring.

Is that a normal behavior or am I have something wrong in my configuration?

Second:

Is there any way I can mount a volume in a certain drive and eject a volume
from a drive ( in a robotic library ) to a slot ?

Thanks

http://search.msn.com/