Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSSU - Am I going nuts??

2007-03-22 17:57:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSSU - Am I going nuts??
From: Peters.Devon at con-way.com (Peters, Devon C)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:57:42 -0700
Simon,

Not sure if anyone else has responded yet, but you can tune the number
of tape drives and streams, used for the destaging jobs, by altering the
following files (for unix these would be in /usr/openv/netbackup):

<install-path>\Veritas\NetBackup\MAX_STAGING_JOBS
<install-path>\Veritas\NetBackup\STAGING_JOB_KB_LIMIT

The MAX_STAGING_JOBS parameter let's you specify how many jobs will be
run at once.  If you change it to 1, then you'll always use 1 drive to
destage.  The STAGING_JOB_KB_LIMIT setting specifies how much data will
be destaged in each stream, this value is in Kbytes...

Ex:
 - set MAX_STAGING_JOBS to 4
 - set STAGING_JOB_KB_LIMIT to 2147483648 (2TB)

If you have 800GB of data to be destaged, then only one drive will be
used.  If there was 8TB of data to be destaged, then you would use 4
drives.

-devon

------