Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading to 6.0 planning

2007-03-22 09:21:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading to 6.0 planning
From: Greg.Hindle at constellation.com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:21:27 -0400
Thanks for the input.

Greg
-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Wilts [mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:14 PM
To: Hindle, Greg
Cc: NB List Mail
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading to 6.0 planning

On 3/21/2007 12:36 PM, Hindle, Greg wrote:
> Solaris 9 nb 5.p mp6
>
> We are starting the process planning to go from 5.0 to 6.0. We
> currently have 1 master and 6 media servers.  Would anyone like to
> share their plans in upgrading? Did you setup a separate set of 6.0
> servers and then import the db? Did you make a copy of your 5.0 hard
> disks for safe keeping and then performed the upgrade on the original
> disks keeping the new ones for a fall back? Anything would be helpful.

We went from 5.1 to 6.0.  We shut down, took good backups, and then
upgraded the only systems we had.  Log a call with Veritas before you
start to let them know you're doing the upgrade, plan it well in
advance, clearly do all of the pre-req stuff first, and leave yourself
time to fight any EMM battles when you're done.  You should be okay...

We only had 2 media servers to upgrade - one Solaris and one Windows.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org
>>> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain legal,
professional or other privileged information, and are intended solely for the
addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not use the information
in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify the sender. CEG-IP2