Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to display or check RVSN?

2007-03-14 17:34:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to display or check RVSN?
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:34:48 -0800 (PST)
I was going through logs and noticed I had a freeze incident where
the label didn't match the barcode (oops!).  Sure enough I checked
the tape and I've got 25 on the barcode and 27 on the label...

Before getting much farther, I'd like to do a (quick?) check of all the
volumes in library and check the RVSN against the barcode to see if
there are other problems that haven't been detected yet.  Is there a
command to query the RVSN?  I can mount the tape and wait for it to
appear in 'vmoprcmd' or read it directly with 'dd', but I figure there's
a NB command to return it directly.

Looks like bpmedialist -mcontents also displays it, but I'm not sure
if that has to read the whole tape or just the label.

Thanks!

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com