Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris 10 ZFS filesystem

2007-02-26 15:21:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris 10 ZFS filesystem
From: neil at mbari.org (Conner, Neil)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:21:24 -0800
I'm building a new NBU 5.1 MP6 master/media server on Solaris 10.  I have a
3-disk RAID volume for the catalog and I'd like to use ZFS with RAID-Z.  This
is what I got from tech support:

"The ZFS file system is supported as long as the OS which it is running on is
supported and correct patch level for the OS is applied with the NetBackup
client. See http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/zfs/faq

---Veritas Netbackup will provide Netbackup support in version 6.5, which is
scheduled for release in the second half of 2007. Current versions of Netbackup
can backup and restore ZFS file systems, but ZFS ACLs are not preserved. "

We won't be using ACLs, so I'm not worried about that.  My only concern at this
point is catalog backups which tech support hasn't tested.  Has anyone tried
hosting the NBU catalog on ZFS?

-Neil