Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mysteriously down tape drives

2007-02-20 23:33:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mysteriously down tape drives
From: wts at maine.edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 23:33:11 -0500
In case it's not obvious, it may be important to recall that "DOWN" is a
NetBackup status, not an operating system or hardware state.  The robot
and drive may be in perfect health, but still NetBackup may set the
drive status to "DOWN".

I'd first look in the (v5.1) error file.  On Unix servers this is
"/usr/openv/netbackup/db/media/errors" ... probably similar in Win2003.

Then I'd look at the "bptm" logs.  See the troubleshooting guide for
instructions on setting up logging, if not already setup.

cheers, wayne