Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Serious master issue...

2007-02-14 06:48:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Serious master issue...
From: hampus.lind at rps.police.se (Hampus Lind)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:48:19 +0100
Hi,

We have a serious issue here with our master server. The problem occurred a
couple of weeks ago, or at least I found out about it then..

I was looking at IO`s and scsi queue depth on my master (hp-ux 11.11) when a
say that we had 4000-6000 SCSI commands in que, and a disk utilisation of
100% for the /usr/openv/netbackup/db disk.

I have patched hpux to the latest patch bundle and we run NBU 5.1 MP4.

HP support sad that bpdbm was leaking memory.

Veritas support still investigating.. But we have about 30 bpdbm and bprd
processes active on our master which eats both my CPU`s and produces tons of
IO against our db disk.

I actived verbose = 5 on the master, and after 15 minutes the bpdbm log had
reached the file size limit on our filsystem, 2 GB.

Any one had similar problems?

Thanks and regards,

Hampus Lind
Rikspolisstyrelsen